Thursday, October 16, 2014

Lync Management Shell Error "Automatic Collection of Configuration data failed"

I recently ran into an error when building another pool in an environment. This was nothing new, we have built 4 other pools with no issues. This pool was to be placed in the APJ region for the company. From an OS perspective nothing was different, all the same pre-requisites installed, same VM configuration and same networking gear.

When installing Lync I came across the following error below:

clip_image001

My first thought was latency, this was a site that had higher latency than any other side in our environment. For example we were running about 280ms of round trip latency. Not that this is a ton of latency for tradition SIP traffic (too high for AV) so I did the clever trick of exporting and importing the Configuration. As expected this went right in and completed on all four FE's in this region no problem.

After the install I did some checking and all CMS replication looked to be good so I proceeded on ward with the install. Next, I had my four FE's installed and ready to update. When trying to run the Database update I continually came across the following error:

image

Not 100% sure what caused this error I turned to the internet, not finding much on the interweb we talked to a friend at MSFT and he found a case from a while ago that referenced updating .NET. We were running Windows 2012 NON R2 and had .NET 4.5 installed and we decided to run a trial on the update of .NET:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42643

To our dismay, we were now able to execute our PowerShell commands successfully and update the databases.

NOTE - After digging around I found this blog with the same situation and I figured I would pass some credit his way:

http://todayitnotes.blogspot.com/2014/05/automatic-collection-of-configuration.html

YMMV

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome written by you! I am too glad to read this kind of informative blog article. Thanks to sharing this with us, really thank you!!!!!!
    Dubai VPS Server

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very good blog and the information related to it is very important if you want to know something about server hosting then seeYou should know about USA VPS Hosting and how it can be important for this modern world. Thanks once again

    ReplyDelete